Do you have an attachment to your smart phone and a natural tendency to Instagram your morning latte in the perfect light? Were you an early adopter of social media and stay up-to-date on the latest social media marketing trends? Franco Public Relations Group is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team in Detroit’s iconic Renaissance Center.
The role is primarily focused on content creation and management of social networks for several of Franco’s automotive and technology clients. The right candidate will demonstrate a passion for social media and proven results with both business-to-business and consumer-facing brand networks. The candidate will interface with client teams, share community insights and be willing to take initiative in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be self-directed and occasionally be willing to work during nonstandard business hours.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- 50% Social Media / 30% Advertising / 20% Influencer Marketing
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress blog)
- Create monthly social media content calendars with planned posts; implement work based on strategic direction of Franco and client team
- Engage with online community and proactively respond to brand-related conversations
- Identify trends and engagement opportunities that can support ongoing digital strategies
- Remain current on the resources, applications and social tools available to clients and the agency to best meet the needs of clients
- Support special events and campaigns
- Utilize software for monitoring and implementation
- Develop and maintain relationships with community and partner organizations
- Report monthly metrics with relevant data analysis
- Proactively present new ideas to clients and agency for enhanced communications programs
- Work within a team environment and keep the client’s message consistent throughout cross-channel communications strategies
- 2-4 years previous relevant experience with consumer-facing social networks and a thorough understanding of the digital space
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Digital marketing skills and proven experience managing networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Periscope, etc.
- Strong content writing and editing skills, blogging techniques and a solid understanding of online community management
- Experience developing, building and sustaining engaged online communities
- Expertise with digital/social media measurement tools and platforms such as Canva and Hootsuite
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks in an environment where guidelines and deadlines often change
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 1, 2016. Indicate “Digital Marketing Specialist – Job Posting” in the subject line of your email.
Established in Detroit in 1964, Franco is a full service communications agency that represents clients in the manufacturing, technology, nonprofit, professional services, health care and consumer industries. Through media outreach, community relations, social media and events (and always with a heavy dose of creativity), Franco helps its clients build their brand, raise awareness and connect with their audiences. For more information, visit www.franco.com or check out the Franco blog at www.franco.com/blog.