Integrated Communications Coordinator
Are you energized by working on a variety of projects and collaborating with a team? Do you have a passion for learning and want to grow your career in integrated communications with a legacy Detroit company? Franco is looking for an Integrated Communications Coordinator (ICC) to join our team.
The role is primarily focused on supporting a series of integrated accounts with program management, client relations, writing, media and influencer pitching, story mining, social media content development and community management, researching, reporting and staying in the know of relevant industry topics.
The candidate will have their hands in various aspects of our work, and this role will cross multiple industries, including B2B, B2C and nonprofit.
The right candidate will be a strong writer who is knowledgeable in public relations, marketing, event planning and social media. The candidate will have strong communications skills, a mastery of organization and be self-directed to succeed. Franco ICCs also supervise and mentor student interns.
- Write and edit content – blog posts / social media content / press releases / fact sheets / briefing documents / bylined articles
- Support client social media channels, including publishing content, monitoring/responding to comments and messages, collaborating with Franco’s design team on social graphics, etc.
- Identify and anticipate trends and story opportunities and work with teams to craft pitches and story angles
- Plan and organize client events
- Create, monitor and update contact lists – media / influencers / community partners
- Coordinate distribution of news materials to local, trade, national and global media outlets
- Compile data and analytics; develop client reports
- Create and maintain status documents, activity reports, presentations and summaries
- Attend meetings, participate in brainstorming, develop agendas and recaps/notes
- Conduct research
- Monitor client and/or agency-related news as directed; distribute coverage and reports (occasional rapid response required)
- Work on multiple projects with accelerated timelines while maintaining close attention to detail
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with clients and the community
- Embrace and embody the Franco culture and standards of excellence
Required Experience and Attributes
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience (including internships and full-time positions)
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong writing skills, including an understanding of AP Style and the ability to develop engaging content on complex or technical topics
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks in an environment where guidelines and deadlines often change
- Be an ambitious learner, idea generator and hard worker
- Able to act decisively in ambiguity
- Positive attitude
- Able to shift focus and prioritize quickly
- Prior media relations experience (developing media materials, pitching media, coordinating interviews)
- Familiarity with tools like Google Analytics, Canva and social media community management tools
- Basic photography skills, particularly using an iPhone for photography
- Familiarity with the PESO Model (paid, earned, shared and owned media