On Thursday, October 8th, creators, catalysts, entrepreneurs, artists, geeks, designers, thinker and doers will all flock to Detroit for the 7th Annual TEDxDetroit. Franco PR Group is excited to work with them to spread the word about this one-of-a-kind conference.
1. TEDx events are breakoffs from the larger, parent conference TED Talks. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design – three words that are practically synonymous with the Motor City.
Check, check and… check.
2. There are only 14 other TEDx conference located throughout Michigan, and as you can see TEDxDetroit is at the TOP of the list.
Which could just be a coincidence, but then again, maybe not.
3. The TEDxDetroit stage has been graced by Detroit powerhouses like Quicken Loans Founder and real estate tycoon, Dan Gilbert, Slow Roll Co-Founder Jason Hall, and Hardcore Pawn star, Les Gold.
4. And this year’s line-up continues to bring the best of the best, with NASA Planetary Scientist, Dr. Cathy Olkin, Life Remodeled Founder and CEO, Dr. Chris. Lambert and President and CEO of Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shaprio.
Just to name a few.
5. Oh yeah, and on top of all those great speakers – they’ve got LIVE MUSIC. With performances by America’s Got Talent finalist Alicia Michilli, Tunde Olaniran, Ahya Simone, Timothy Orikri, Shelby 5, Chance Morris, Darius Simpson, Scout Bostley and Britney Stoney.
6. Not to mention this year’s venue just happens to be the historic Fox Theatre.
Which is the largest TEDxDetroit venue in its seven-year history.
7. Charlie Wollborg, Chief Troublemaker at Curve Detroit and TEDxDetroit Executive Producer and Curator has been a featured speaker at several noted conferences including SXSW Interactive, Podcamp Michigan and Ignite Automotive.
So he probably knows how to put on a good show.
8. If you don’t go you’re just going to be checking Twitter for updates all day anyway.
Thanks for following your dreams @DetroitSamWhite -Thinking made it so- #TEDxDetroit #inspiration #Detroit pic.twitter.com/Ipt2KlWJU8
— Debbie Holton (@DebHolton) September 30, 2014
9. If you register for TEDxDetroit before Sept. 21, you’ll save $15. Which you can put towards those Red Wings tickets you’ve had your eye on.
10. And if that’s not enough to get you to click the registration link. Maybe this’ll help…
Detroit food truck favorites like Bigalora, Heroes vs. Villain, Motor City Franks, Comfort Cruzine, Stockyard and more will be on-site at TEDxDetroit.
Which TEDxDetroit speaker is on your must-see list? Share in the comments.
Alex Fulbright is a digital marketing specialist at Franco Public Relations Group. You can reach her at 313-567-5085 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter: @AlexandriaFul and connect on LinkedIn.